Monday, November 12, 2012

Taking Care

11/12/2012

Taking Care

I'm dashing this second blog off today because I know that Jeff will read it miles away from home.  Once again his suitcase and laptop are sitting by the door.  I know that traveling, unless it's in our plane, is no longer fun but required from time to time.

As my sworn protector for the past 38 years, Jeff never leaves town without making sure that everything I might need has been taken care of.  My car is full of gas as is the refrigerator.  All the bills are paid and since this week is payroll week for our business, he's already taken care of that too.  He never leaves town without making sure all my "i's" are dotted and my "t's" crossed.  I want him to know that I appreciate this.

I'm somewhat of a nervous nell (ya think) and am not always at my best when he's out of town.  Oh to be sure I enjoy watching endless hours of crappy television without him telling me (jokingly) that I'm wasting my time and hogging the storage on the Tivo!  Trust me I know how to delete.

When he's away and I know he's certainly reachable thanks to modern technology like the cell phone, it's different.  I feel the responsibility of running the house by myself and tending to problems if and when they pop up.  This is a job that I'm capable of just not used to handling.

So Jeff wherever you are sitting while reading this - airport, plane, hotel room - know how much I appreciate all the little things you do for me before a trip to rid me of as much anxiety as humanly possible.  

Thank you and safe travels.

Love P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...