Friday, November 22, 2013

Books

11/22/2013

Okay people we have a long weekend coming up and assuming that you've gotten your fill of turkey and football games, I've got a few book suggestions that you might find interesting.  Disclaimer: I haven't read any of these books, but the excerpts captured my attention and are definitely on my personal "must read" book list.

Maeve Binchy: A Week in Winter (this book was written just a few weeks before she passed away)

Fannie Flag: The All Girl Filling Station Reunion.  If you haven't read any of her books you should.  The books are really funny and perfect for a gloomy winter day.

Elinor Lipman: The Inn at Lake Devine

John Grisham: Sycamore Row

Jonathan Miles: The Unopened Box

Hope Ramsey: Last Chance Christmas

These books are just a few on my reading list and you can drop me a comment if you would like me to give you other titles, I'd be happy to do that.  Mind you I haven't read any of these yet, but in my partial "retirement", I have plenty of free time for reading and the library has oodles of books to choose from.  Even though winter and possible bad weather is coming, I have no worries.  Why?  We installed a whole house generator a couple of years ago and it runs on natural gas.  We can literally use every appliance, light, furnace, etc. and be perfectly fine.  How cool is that?  I wish we had had a generator years ago when Benjamin was a toddler and we lost power and heat - that sure wasn't pretty!

Happy Friday.

P







No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...