Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Cooking

11/27/2013

For most of you I imagine you're at work today and counting the hours and minutes until you get to leave and battle rush hour traffic!  Traffic will be more difficult today because of all the people who are getting on the road to drive to Granny's house, and hoping to beat the traffic (good luck with that).

Then there are those of us who, for one reason or another, aren't working.  Some folks took this day off adding an extra day to an already long weekend.  I'm home and once I've published my blog will get busy preparing the dishes I'm bringing to Andrew's house tomorrow.  While I blog I tune in to Pandora radio and have programmed an "oldie" channel that for the most part plays songs from my teen years.  The neat part about Pandora is that you can give any song a thumbs up or down.  Once you have thumbed a song down, it never plays again on your personal station.  Every now and again they sneak in a commercial, but it's brief and I just tune that stuff out.

When I've finished communicating with all of you, it will be time to get busy in the kitchen.  One of my dishes calls for crushed pretzels.  You put the pretzels in a zippy bag and then beat the heck out of it.  How therapeutic is that?  Very I can assure you.

Jeff is in charge of stuffing which has never been the best part of a Thanksgiving meal for me.  I'm more of a potato,gravy girl and of course rolls and dessert.  Jeff is not a sugar nut, his vice is salt.  As for me it's always been and always will be sugar.  I don't recall ever eating something sweet and not liking it.  Who doesn't like sugar, except Jeff of course?

I'm also in charge of bringing cranberries, another food that I think is a waste of calories.  For years we used the cranberry sauce (more like a blob actually) from a can.  For whatever reason one year we decided to boil real cranberries and the canned stuff is now just a distant memory.  By making the cranberries today they will be nicely chilled for our meal tomorrow.

I wish that each and everyone of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow.  Oh and if you are into football (as most people are), that your team wins!

P


2 comments:

  1. Have a happy turkey day! I am cooking for 10 people and am already dreading the chaos
    We have a six week old in the house this year and that will be fun.

    Marilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the joys of going to somebody else's house! Of course that does cut down on leftovers. We bought ourselves a turkey breast that we can cook later this weekend.

    I am thankful for having you as a sister. Love you lots. P

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...