Monday, November 4, 2013

Monday Again

11/4/2013

Yes, if you're just getting up, it really is Monday and there is a bit of a nip in the air.  I suggested to Jeff that it was cold but he assures me that it's not really - but I do disagree with him on this.

Yesterday morning with the clocks moved forward, the lighting in the house was different and beautiful.  The daylight comes in through the windows at a different angle giving me what I call dappled lighting, which is so very pretty. And then of course before you are ready, the sun begins to set far too early for my liking.  I don't know about you but when it gets dark outside then it's time for me to be inside.  Of course winter is also the time when I battle with SAD and use my full spectrum light box every morning in an attempt to keep the winter blues away, which I think is in vain but I keep trying.

I spent a certain amount of time on Sunday morning getting my Tivo all programmed for the coming week.  I know that some people just sit down in the evening and watch whatever is on.  Not me.  I highlight the shows that I want to watch - or think I want to watch and then I program.   My most difficult day to schedule is Sunday when it seems like every really good show is on in the evening.  I think you really do have to have an advanced degree to make sure that none of the evening shows get cut off.  Every week when I pull this feat off I"m super proud of myself.  I know you're thinking that I put a lot of emphasis on my television watching, and yes you're right.  I at least freely admit that I'm a couch potato who loves television.  Watching television beats out some of the other addictive behaviors a person could engage in.

At times yesterday I also picked up one of my library books and since I found the story compelling, finished it in record time.  Don't worry I won't run out of books anytime soon, I think I have 12 more from the library that I still have to read!  Since we're on a bit of a tight budget, I make note of the new books just coming out that I want to read and reserve them through the library.  Of course it may (and likely will) take months to get to the top of the list, but I'm in no hurry.

I'm sitting here this morning trying to decide what super warm clothing I can wear to the day program.  The room we have at the hospital is generally bone chilling cold and so far I haven't been able to put on enough layers to keep the chill away.  I refuse to sit in a room in a parka (which by the way I don't own) just to keep from freezing.  I can only imagine how uncomfortable this room is in the dead of winter and hopefully I won't have to find out.

Quote for the day:  

Respect yourself enough to walk away from ANYTHING 
that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you HAPPY

Happy Monday.  

P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...