Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thankful

11/24/2013

With Thanksgiving only days away, this seems like a good time to give thanks to the people who are in my life.  These people are my personal angels and they never gave up on me during what has to be the worst year I've ever had.

First and foremost, Jeff leads the list, as he should.  For everything I've put him through this year, both emotionally and financially, he has remained a rock - my rock.  I consider myself a very lucky woman to have a man who is still my best friend and has never let me down.  Unfortunately, I can't say the same thing about myself.  Thirty-nine years of marriage that started with a blind date.  I remember my Dad telling me after I met Jeff that he was a keeper - Dad was right.  Here's what I can promise Jeff: that 2014 will be a better year and that I'm going to stay in the game, even when my depression is at its worst.  I am trying to come to terms with my depression and hopefully can keep it manageable, that's going to be my New Year resolution.

I have two friends in the neighborhood, Kim and Cathy who are good friends and have gotten me out of the house, which is a feat in itself as I am reclusive and prefer to stay inside the house. Thank you for your friendship.

To Angela and Sharon, who visited me in the hospital, have called to check on me and yesterday took me to the craft fair and out to dinner.  We ladies had an amazing time browsing (mostly) though I did buy a kit for making wine slush.  Trust me on this, it's quite tasty.  You add water, wine and the mixture in a plastic bag and freeze.  Yummy.  Now all I have to do is actually buy wine!  After we were through browsing and shopping at the craft fair, we went out for dinner.  We settled on Mexican and the restaurant was quiet and we were able to talk.  It's pretty hard to have a conversation at the fair while you deal with the crowds as well as the noise.  My Saturday was a super busy one for me and I had an amazing time.  

Thanks to Andrew and Stacey for being non-judgmental, loving and supportive.  And allowing me to have time with Benjamin, which both he and I enjoy.

Thanks to many others who sent me positive emails or supportive comments here on the blog.  I am truly blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life.  I appreciate and love each and every one of you.  

Quote for the Day:

Dear Past, thank you for all the lessons;
Dear Future, I'm now ready (author unknown)

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...