Thursday, November 7, 2013

Graduating!

11/7/2013

It's not cap and gown time, but it's a big day for me.  After being in the day program at the local hospital for a month, I was "discharged" (for lack of a better term) yesterday and begin the three nights a week program  So with any luck, we will be driving the interstate going against rush hour traffic on our way to the hospital at 5:00.  

I have made good progress and even stayed home alone a few times on the weekends so that Jeff can do something else beside baby sitting me.  The being home by myself is a huge step towards establishing trust again.  By my actions this year I know it will take a long time for people to really trust me or believe that I'm safe.  I get that.

What I can say is that I'm trying to get healthy (mind wise) and that every day is another set of baby steps and I appreciate the patience and support of family and friends.  It's hard to describe what it's like to suffer from major depression - but try and think of pulling a rock around with you 24/7 and that's sort of what depression feels like for me.

I am hopeful that with the right medicines and therapy, I will get my depression under control.  I'm not looking for over the moon happiness (although that would be great).  I'd be pretty content and thankful if my depression would or could become dormant and allow me to be able to experience joy and happiness again.  

Happy Thursday.

P

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Through your baby steps and hard work, you have made it to some of your milestone goals. Good for you!!
    Sending you hugs, love and support!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! So happy for you and wish you continued success. Big hug and love to you!

    Marilee

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...