Friday, November 1, 2013

Post Halloween

11/1/2013

Do you know what's scarier than Halloween?  The day after because it's the first of November and we are revving up to the holiday season.  Stores have already started displaying their Christmas decorations and some even manage to throw in a few Thanksgiving items, but that seems more like an afterthought.  

Luckily for me, holiday meals are no longer held at my house and since everybody is now grown up I don't really have to do any real decorating.  Gone are the years of stringing massive amounts of lights on the outside of the house.  Of course also gone is our number one outdoor lighting expert - Scott.  He used to even get up on the roof of the house and string lights way up there.  I do miss the lights because they are so beautiful and at night when I was coming home from work, the house was brightly lit and I really do like colored lights.  If I lived out in the sticks, I think I would have outside lights year round.  There is no law, other than the law of neighborhood popularity that prevents me or you from enjoying outdoor lights all year.  Of course since I'm pretty much afraid of my own shadow I do nothing that will call attention to myself.  I know,. I know, that's my problem - and I'm working on it!

Try not to eat all of the candy at once, we have to space out our candy fix!

Have a great Friday as well as a great weekend.

P


Not that I'm prejudiced (ha), but here is the cutest Dracula I've ever seen!


1 comment:

  1. He is the cutest Dracula ever!! I just bagged up our leftover candy in three, gallon zip lock bags for the freezer. We had so much left this year, not as many young trick or treaters. I left some candy in a bowl for us. The reason is, that when the candy bars are the mini ones, it is easy to eat quite a few thinking, oh, they are so small, it's not like eating a whole candy bar. Happy Nov. 1st!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...