Saturday, November 2, 2013

Loyalty

11/2/2013

Have you ever given much thought to loyalty?  I'm betting the answer is no.  So on a rather quiet Saturday I decided to think about my own loyalties.  Here's what I came up with:

I am loyal to the wonderful woman who has been taking care of my hair since 1986.  This patient woman has seen me through countless hair "episodes" over the years.  I wanted long hair and then I didn't.  I wanted super curly hair (i.e., perm) and then I wanted it straight (or as straight as naturally curly hair can be).  I also went through a few moments of hair coloring.  I wanted to hide the gray and then I wanted highlights.  Reason for my giving up on hair coloring in particular is the upkeep and the cost.  Confession here:  I am a super lazy person when it comes to my hair.  Wash it, comb it and head out the door.   I have even been known to wield a pair of scissors between appointments if a curl gets in my way.  I can assure you that my hair cutting doesn't win me any points!  

Jeff and I have been super loyal to the auto repair shop that has been taking care of all the Bassett autos for over 20 years.  I trust the owners of this shop implicitly.  If they tell us we need tires, brakes or what have you - we believe them and have never second guessed any think they have ever told us.  All of the boys also run their cars through there as well and we have recommended their services to many of our friends.

I don't know about you but I am brand loyal.  I believe there is only one kind of peanut butter - Skippy Super Crunch.  I had to go to a generic super crunch peanut butter because the store I was shopping in didn't actually carry Skippy!  How can this be?  I will confess that the generic from this particular store is really good - but if I had a choice I would go with Skippy every time.  If it ain't broken why change it.

I have used the same perfume for more than 20 years.  Chloe is a great scent and it has become my "signature" perfume (if I had one).  Sadly, the Chloe dusting powder which I have also used for more years than I care to say is no longer available.  Trust me I have searched for the powder on Ebay in hopes of finding someone who might have a stockpile.  

Lipstick: CoverGirl "Goldfrost Bronze".  Like my powder, haven't changed my lipstick color in years.  I have a few other tubes that I buy to try out - I always return to the default color and look for it every time I'm in a store just to stock up in case CoverGirl ever decides to stop producing it.

Other things I'm a "bit" rigid about - Diet Coke never Pepsi anything.  Butter rather than margarine (it tastes better and you use less).  Real peppermint patties and never the generic ones (they just don't taste as good).  I like Coach purses and own several.  My current favorite one is a red shoulder bag we call "Big Red". I see women sporting other designer bags but they aren't for me.

My shampoo for 30 years has been Nexxus.  Again no reason to change, love the coconut scent which always reminds me of the beach, which is not a bad thing.

So take a few minutes and think about all the products and/or people you are loyal to.

I hope you are having a great Saturday.

P

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised you didn't mention FiOS over Comcast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point! I guess I forgot about technology when I thought about loyalty. Scott would be so disappointed in me.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...