Friday, November 15, 2013

Plans

11/15/2013

It's Friday people and that fact alone makes millions of workers very happy.  Since I'm not working I find that one day sort of blends into another and it's very hard for me to remember which day of the week it is!

Yesterday afternoon I took myself off to the library and enjoyed browsing looking for this week's books.  Happy to report that I found more than a several to bring home.  Now the challenge for me is to actually read these books.  My concentration ability isn't as good as it used to be and I have been having trouble staying on task, even with something so pleasurable as reading.

I have an appointment on Monday morning to meet with the coordinator of the Grandreader program where older people tutor a child one-on-one for an hour a week.  I found a school pretty close to home and on Monday morning meet with the coordinator to get some training.  I'm pretty sure that this opportunity will be a good fit for me because I have always loved to read.  Next week I'll let you know how I do.

This afternoon Jeff is taking me out to Andy's house and I will spend the night with Benjamin.  He has been asking for weeks for me to come and stay at his house.  I talked to him yesterday and he's very excited that Mom-Mom is coming. Last night at Costco we bought a gingerbread house kit and Benjamin and I will attempt to build it, even though I'm the least creative person I know!  I have a bag of things to bring to their house today, so I'm feeling a bit like Mary Poppins!  Jeff will pick me up sometime on Saturday and bring me home.  

Next Saturday (the 23rd) I am going to the Methodist home for seniors for my orientation so that I can begin volunteering there helping out the residents.  I don't know what kind of work I'll be doing, but whatever it is it will get me out of the house and allow me to be useful.

On the afternoon of the 23rd is a very large craft show that happens here several times a year.  Two of my friends and I are going to spend the afternoon catching up on news and browsing all the wonderful items that are for sale. I think I'll just rest on Sunday!

Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.

P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...