Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Happy Birthday!

12/17/2013

It happens every year,  I go to bed on the 16th as a younger woman and when I wake up on the 17th, I'm a whole year older!  Today is my 64th birthday, and is truly a reason to celebrate after the year I've had.

I was curious and decided to see what  the internet (that knows all) thinks some of the traits of Sagittarians are.  Here's some things I found:

We supposedly are truth seekers, clear thinkers and choose to look at the big picture most of the time.  We are generous, outspoken and have a tendency to suffer from "foot in mouth" disease!  We tend to talk fast (I know I do), are optimistic and have a generous spirit.

I checked the internet to see if Jeff and I are compatible, and according to the stars, it appears that Aries (Jeff) and I are good together.  After 39 years of marriage - this is a good thing!

Having a birthday so close to Christmas was certainly a drag growing up.  Mom always said my birthday was too close to Christmas to have a birthday party.  I didn't have a birthday party until Jeff gave me one after we were married.

I also never had a gift wrapped in birthday paper. I was always told that I could pick out something from under the tree, wrapped in Christmas paper.  What's the fun in that?  What if I happened to pick the "it" (best/biggest) gift.  While it's petty and not a big deal in the big picture - I really wanted a gift wrapped in birthday paper.  Perhaps that's the inner child in me.

When it was time for me to have my own children, I tried to plan (as much as possible) to have babies whose birthdays would not be near Christmas.  I succeeded: January 31st, February 10th and May 1st.  No Christmas paper for their gifts and they always had parties as young children.

My cup is empty and I've consumed my toast, so it's time to get this old 'bod moving.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

P











2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful BIRTHDAY!! Always be good to yourself and make sure you "gift" yourself for your birthday since it is definitely not on a holiday and wrap it with beautiful BIRTHDAY wrappings. Thank you for the gift of your daily blog, I enjoy it so much!!
    Birthday wishes and hugs, love, Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful birthday and I am sending you the best of wishes on your special day!

    Love, M

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...