Monday, December 16, 2013

Season Finale

12/16/2013

It's possible I suppose, that you might not watch television with the same amount of passion that I have.   I suspect few people do. I don't try to hide how much I love television and reality shows in particular. If you are willing to go on television and make a fool out of yourself - I'm here to watch!

Jeff and I have been watching Survivor since the beginning.  Some seasons, as well as some participants, are just better than others.  But even if a particular season isn't particularly going to get an A+ rating from Jeff and I - we watch anyway.  Survivor has been around since 2000 and we've never missed a season, and when the new season begins in 2014, we will be sure to have our Tivo set to record. Each season there is always a bad guy, or two (who sometimes takes "bad" to new levels), that makes most viewers want and/or hope that neither of them win.  

As in all reality shows, there is quite a bit of drama - tears, arguments and deceit.  In order to be successful on Survivor, you need to be able to smile genuinely, while inserting the knife into somebody's back!

We also watch Amazing Race which first aired in 2001, and like with Survivor, we've never missed a season.  Interestingly, Amazing Race has won 13 Emmys from 2003 t0 2012.  Unlike Survivor, Amazing Race consists of two person teams who are in a race around the world for the prize of $1,000,000.00!  And of course no reality show would be complete without the requirement of drama.  In the race you not only see the drama between team members, but their interaction with the other teams that can get pretty heated.

I watch other reality shows - cooking,fashion designing as well as people who pitch their ideas in hopes of having a "Shark" give them money for their companies.  

Now I'm not saying that any of the above shows are great television, because they're not.  I suspect people, like myself, just enjoy them.  You're in there from the start rooting for what you believe is the good guy and hoping that the bad guy(s) get the boot.

Since Survivor and Amazing Race are over for the season, I'm going to have to find shows to take their place.  I'm confident that provided I keep my expectations pretty low, I'll be able to find something to watch.  

Jeff and I are hooked on Downtown Abby, which is really good television and has good actors, Maggie Smith being one of them.  Maggie is the family matriarch who is a feisty, out-spoken woman and she plays the part perfectly.  I would like very much to be a Maggie Smith someday, who gets to say and do whatever the heck she wants.  How refreshing would that be?

My cup is empty and you know what that means.  Yup, time for me to switch gears,get my fanny in gear and clean up something!

Have a great Monday.

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...