Saturday, December 28, 2013

12/28/2013

Weather you say?  Accurate?  Now that's another question entirely.  I think weathermen are the only group of professionals who can completely miss the mark of upcoming weather and continue to keep their jobs.  How cool is that?  Don't you wish that was the case in your office?

Here in the East at the mere mention of any of the "s or i" words (snow, sleet or ice) will send the locals running to the grocery and hardware stores to buy stuff that they likely don't need. As discussed before, you need: toilet paper, milk, bread and possibly eggs as absolute food essentials to make it through a storm. If you live in an area where there is a 50/50 chance of "weather", then it makes good sense (at least to me) that you should already own a snow shovel (or two), and sand or kitty litter for traction on sidewalks and driveways.  But maybe I think of these things because I was once a Girl Scout, and we're always prepared.

Depends on whether you believe the Farmer's Almanac or a local news channel, but everybody seems to think our winter (i.e. snow) will occur in February.  Of course if the East Coast has snow in February it might mess up the Super Bowl on February 2nd, which is being held in New Jersey and is the first outdoor cold weather Super Bowl.  Unlike catching some rays when the Super Bowl is played in the South, the fans at this game will be bundled up against the elements and probably drinking huge amounts of hot chocolate or maybe even something stronger.

Today is an impossibly brilliant day of sunshine and doesn't look like winter at all.  Of course that can change in an instant and I think rain is heading our way this week.  Unless it's raining, Jeff and I still take the "Z" out with the top down.  We bundle up a bit of course, it's cold after all, but when you own a convertible, you know that the day(s) are coming when there will be too much weather to have the top down.  We enjoy riding in the car with the top down every chance we get. 

Sorry that I don't have something more interesting to report, but I'm having a dry spell in my brain.  I'm sure there will be some news worthy topic in tomorrow's paper that I can share with all of you.

Enjoy Saturday.

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...