Sunday, December 1, 2013

Happy December

12/1/2013

Well we did it, last month of the year!  Pretty sure this is a cause for celebration, particularly for me.  Also since I have a birthday in December I always declare December as my "birthday month"!!!

Because I try to be efficient, even though I don't always succeed, I created a wish list for Jeff and I and gave that to Stacey, to possibly help with what to give the old folks!  I used to wish that my mother would let us know what she wanted for Christmas.  Her list always consisted of Daniel Green slippers, same style and generally the same color.  Blah.  

I have a pad beside my blogging desk where I have started writing down my list of what to buy for the kids.  As the boys and wives continue to get older, gift giving gets harder each year.  I remember fondly, and perhaps you do as well, when a trip to Toys 'R Us, was the only store necessary to make for a successful Christmas for children.  Okay, those days are long gone.  Buying things for Benjamin is still a lot of fun and he's thrilled everything he gets, except for clothes.  I think only girls enjoy receiving clothes as gifts, I know I certainly did and Mom had a good eye for clothes.

I personally hate to give gift certificates to people because I still believe that I can come up with the perfect gift for everyone, even if it's exhausting. I love to hunt for that perfect gift for all of my family and friends.  I have always been in favor of shopping on line - no crowds, bathroom, coffee and food on site and my ability to find and buy just about everything.  I have finally come to terms with the fact that a lot of standing and/or walking with a bad hip is just not a good thing for me. What I miss most from online shopping is the actual touching of clothes, etc. and admiring the beautiful Christmas decorations.  

I've sat at my blogging desk long enough this morning and finished my second cup of coffee, so it's time for me to get my fanny in gear and get something done!

Enjoy your Sunday.

P


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...