Sunday, December 8, 2013

First Snow!

12/8/2013

Well it's official - summer is over - just in case you had your doubts!  To be fair this is a very light snow, but it's snow just the same.  And since it's not a work/school day for most of us, there is no worry about school/office closings or delays.  Nope, we're just going to sit inside and watch the ground turn white.  Here I sit at my desk, warm coffee to drink, and my favorite music playing from Pandora, and it's all good.  We went to Costco last night to get the one necessity we were needing - milk.  Admittedly, nobody leaves Costco without some other stuff - it's almost criminal to leave that store without spending $100.00, which unfortunately is to easy to do!

I don't believe we're going to get a lot of snow, and knowing this, the snow is beautiful.  I doubt that we will receive enough snow to even require shoveling, which I consider a bonus, even though I typically don't participate in such a manly job.  My job during a snowstorm?  Well it depends on who's here.  If the boys were here then cocoa is at the top of their list and Jeff wants hot coffee and soup. Luckily, I can handle all of those things.

I am still on my opening up closets and drawers to see what kind of forgotten treasures I can find. At the moment I'm concentrating on paperwork (ick) and trying to find a permanent home that might actually make sense (other than the inside of a drawer/cabinet)!  Of course the ultimate paper filer would be the shredder and I'm all in favor of feeding the shark (our name for the shredder!).  Unfortunately, Jeff and I tend to be paper hoarders because it's easier to shove the papers in a drawer (provided that the drawer will shut!), rather than actually file/destroy all the paper.  

In the beginning of our marriage, my job (among others) was to keep track and handle the paperwork.  I don't remember what Jeff's job was supposed to be!  For 39 years I did a really good job of processing/filing/destroying paperwork.  Unfortunately, I am now playing catch up on this year's paperwork which needs my attention (and I'm just not in the mood).  In case you were wondering, it's better to stay current regarding paper shuffling!  My stack of paper that needs to find a permanent home is overwhelming and unfortunately I keep putting it off!  I've decided that I should just gather up a small (less daunting) stack of paper to process and eventually I will have an empty desk - sort of!

I hope that your Sunday will be more fun than mine promises to be.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...