Thursday, December 26, 2013

Ho, Ho, Ho........

12/26/2013

Well people we managed to get through another Christmas season with our bodies in tact! Depending on how much we indulged on Christmas goodies, we might need to pull out our "fat" pants while we attempt to lose those five (or more) pounds!  Sugar is definitely a killer to a diet - but oh so good in the moment!

Christmas at Andrew's house was filled with people, wrapping paper, packing bubbles being stomped (even I enjoy the stomping - love the noise), good food, Ben playing with his new Monster High dolls (they are so ugly, but he loves them) and Ben firing his new rubber darts from his shooter gun. 

Jeff and I brought scalloped potatoes, cole slaw, ham, deviled eggs and cherry cheesecake for dessert. Very few leftovers, which always makes me feel good.  At the end of the evening, I took the last of the dessert and put it in one of Stacey's dishes, so that we wouldn't have this very tempting dessert hanging around our house!  

Jeff paid for five manicures at my favorite salon, which just the best gift ever.  I haven't had my nails done since July, so I'm a tad overdue.  Andrew and Stacey gave me, among other things, a gift certificate to my favorite online store - Amazon. My mission?  Contemplate very carefully what books I want to buy.  I take my book buying seriously, I look at the bestseller list in the paper but am almost never tempted to buy any of those books.

I didn't bother to peruse the paper this morning look for all those after Christmas sales.  I know people who go out after Christmas and buy wrapping paper and ornaments for NEXT Christmas.  I'm pretty organized, but I'm not about to find a place in the basement to store decorations for next year.  It is also likely that if I did store something in the basement, I'd forget where I put things.  

Since I've become somewhat of a Grinch, I have very few decorations to take down.  Actually, the only decoration I have is my little two foot tree adorned with various decorations that Ben has made for me or pictures of him.  It will literally take me seconds to pop that tree into a bag and stow it in the basement until next year.  I wish I could think of someway to display Ben's pictures and his artwork.  I need some kind of thing with arms (it would look something like a Charlie Brown tree) that I could use to keep these beautiful things around me all year long.  Ben has never taken a bad picture and most of my flat surfaces have one or more pictures of Ben!  It is possible that Mom Mom might be spoiling Ben.  Of course, that's what grandparents are supposed to do.

Once I'm done blogging, off to Amazon I'm going to contemplate books to buy.  I analyze the books I've read and then look for books of a similar genre. This is a time consuming process, but luckily time is something I have plenty of.

My cup is empty and likely yours is too.  So, I'm signing off and logging on to Amazon!  

Have a good day.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...