Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year

12/31/2013

Well I don't know about you guys, but Jeff and I are certainly glad to be seeing the rear end of this year. And we have decided that 2014 will be awesome!  One thing that is going to start the new year off right is the return of our plane.  Old N874T had a cracked engine (which is never good).  Jeff flew her on a ferry permit from the FAA to Pennsylvania to have a new engine put in.  Jeff drove 3 hours last Friday to visit with the plane (yes, pilots do that sort of thing), and our girl will be good as new by the end of this week.  We will need to break in our new engine by flying short and long distances, so that will be fun.  We always look forward to flying among the clouds.

We have no big party plans for tonight, actually no plans at all.  I'm going to fix meatloaf and baked potatoes for dinner and perhaps we'll have a small drink near bedtime.  With my medicine the drink will definitely have to be small - wee in fact!

It has been years since Jeff and I actually watched the new year roll in and this year will be no exception.  I did do some research about the Dick Clark show.  He started hosting in 1972 and continued until 2004 when he had his stroke.  He had a minimal appearance in 2005/06.  Dick passed away in 2012  I remember watching American Bandstand as a teenager and thought he was so handsome.

In case your "black tie" affair is more like sweatpants, no worries.  There are any number of shows on television you can watch.  I can not vouch for their worthiness!  You can do "A Toast to2013" or "New Year's Rockin' Eve Presents the 30 Greatest Women in Music".  "New York Philharmonic Gala with Yo-Yo Ma", just to mention a few.  Or, you could just record something on your Tivo that will likely be more enjoyable than any of the above shows.

Jeff and I even watched ONE Duck Dynasty show - ugh.  We didn't even make it through the whole show and mutually decided that it was one show not worth watching - in our opinion. And, I of course, love all the reality shows, particularly the ones involving cooking.  I love watching contestants have to make some kind of dish out of particularly weird ingredients.  When I see the ingredients, I try and think about what I would make with those ingredients.  I seldom come up with anything.

If you're out and about tonight, please drive carefully.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...