Thursday, December 19, 2013

Reality TV Gone Too Far!

12'/19/2013

After reading Tuesday's paper, I discovered that reality television (of which I'm a huge fan) has stooped to a new low - in my opinion.

The bride, who had been married before, became famous when she and her then husband crashed a sate dinner at the White House!  I'm pretty sure that ain't easy to do!

So now with new husband number two, they had a wedding that was so over the top that it bordered on obscene.  There were 25 bridesmaids, 25 groomsmen and luckily only one groom!   Now compare that to Prince William's wedding where Kate only had 4 bridesmaids, her sister was her maid-of-honor and two pageboys - and that was a Royal Wedding!

Our new reality bride had not one, not two, but three wedding dresses.  I don't know about you but I'm trying to imagine how much trouble and work went into wardrobe changes.  I know that there were folks standing in the wings ready to touch up both hair and make-up.

Now for the rings: our reality star is sporting a 11.42 carat diamond ring costing around a cool million dollars.  Kate, on the other hand, wears an 18 carat sapphire ring as well as a gold wedding ring.

Kate and William's wedding, which lasted for hours, was available to anyone with a television and cost the viewing public nothing.  Our reality star had her fantasy wedding recorded and available for the lowly sum of $14.95.  However, the recording ended before our reality star's second dress change.  If I were a betting woman, there will likely be a spread in People this week so that those of us who are too cheap (and who wouldn't be?) to buy a video, can see pictures for free!

To be fair, the newly married couple are sending a portion of the proceeds from the sale of the video for typhoon relief in the Philippines, which is a really good thing.

I'm sure we haven't heard the end of our reality star, but we'll just have to sit back and wait for what she does next.

It's Thursday and the sun is out here in the East.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...