Thursday, February 11, 2016

Baby It's Cold Outside

2/11/2016

The temperature is very low today, in the 20's when I woke up.  It's days like this that I'm glad I really don't have anyplace to go.  Much nicer in the house, except for frequent potty breaks for the dogs.  They don't mind the cold - they have their "coats" on after all.  Nope, I'm the one that's freezing.  Life would be simpler if we had cats instead of dogs!

I did go to Michael's yesterday and the store was blissfully uncrowded.  They were already marking down all the Valentine things, none of which I was interested in.  I had already bought Benjamin a Valentine card and have sent it to him.  The store was filled with St. Patrick's Day and Easter decorations.  Retail doesn't rush the holidays much (not).

I'm glad that Jeff has a new and warm car to drive.  While the "zippy z" was/is a fun car, you don't want to be in it when it's cold outside, or raining or snowing.  Okay, it's a good sunshine day car.  The new car even has warm air that blows on the back of your neck - that's pretty nice.  We have driven with the top down once, but it became too cold, and the top was put back up.  I can't wait for those sunny and warm days - those are definitely convertible days.

As I look out the window, I see a bunch of crows in the yard.  I, for the most part, enjoy wild birds.  But, I definitely don't like crows.  They are dark and remind me of evil - if evil had a look.  I know they're looking for something to eat, and good luck with that.  We do put out dried corn cobs occasionally for the squirrels, but definitely not interested in starting a feeding frenzy in my front yard.  I don't know where they've been, but I wish they'd go back there.  Some of you may remember the movie "The Birds" (I think that's what it was called) and there were a lot of crows in that movie.  

Every day I try and take on one (I don't want to overwork you know) chore.  Perhaps it will be an icky chore (bathrooms come to mind), or mind numbing.  Today, I will start shredding (definitely mind numbing).  We shred almost everything that comes in the mail that isn't a bill that has our name and/or address on it.  Over time, we get a real mountain of paper that needs to be shredded and our shred waste basket is now overflowing.  

Gentle reminder fellas - only a few days left to order flowers, buy chocolates and get a lovely, sentimental card.  Sunday, the 14th, will be a terrible day to go out to dinner, unless you don't mind waiting.  Better to do dinner on the 13th and avoid the crowd.  We have steak in the freezer, so we won't need to go to a restaurant.  

Movie review: we watched Aloha with Bradley Cooper last night.  Really glad that we didn't go see it in a theater, it just wasn't that good.  Every time we watch a movie on Netflix and it's just average, we are grateful that we didn't: (a) buy tickets; and (b) buy popcorn and coke.  It can almost cost as much to go to a movie, as it does to go out for dinner.  We could save money if we didn't buy popcorn, but there is nothing better to eat than popcorn when watching a movie.

Today is: Grandmother Achievement Day; don't cry over spilled milk and eat a peppermint patty. I can certainly get behind the peppermint patty notion.  But for the achievement day, I don't think that paper shredding could really be considered an achievement!

Stay warm.

P






No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...