Sunday, February 28, 2016

Washing Rugs

2/28/2016

A blog devoted to washing rugs?  Really?  Yes to both questions.  I have in the house a number of throw rugs that because of muddy feet or paws or "accidents" need frequent washing.  Should be simple, but it isn't always.

A rug in Jeff's office was one with the rubber/latex backing.  Somebody, probably Mister Sam, thought that it was okay to use the rug as his personal bathroom, rather than going outside.  I took the rug and because my washing machine still has an agitator, threw in a number of rags to balance the load.

Imagine my surprise when the washing was done, and I discovered the remnants of a rug.  And I do mean remnants.  The washing machine had literally torn the rug up into pieces and the washing machine was filled with rug fibers.  The rug, obviously, was taken to the trash and in doing so, I left a trail of rug bits behind me.  

I had to take all of the rags outside and shake them free of the rug bits.  Oh, and I had to wipe the inside of the washing machine, to remove more bits.  I did learn one lesson though - don't buy rugs with rubber or latex backings.  All of the other throw rugs I have in the house are two-sided, so it's the same on both sides.  These are much easier to wash.    

So rug washing or not, is my tip of the week.  And I know each of you are breathless with the knowledge I've just shared!!!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...