Monday, February 15, 2016

Snowing

2/15/2016

I woke up this morning to gently falling snow.  Snow makes the world a very quiet place and is beautiful.  I love the look of untouched snow - snow that hasn't been walked on.  The county has already been up our street several times this morning.  And tomorrow is supposed to be in the 50's.  Maybe Mother Nature is in menopause, she can't seem to make up her mind.  Is it winter now, with temperatures in the 20's, or spring as tomorrow will be much warmer.  

While the snow today won't be like the blizzard we had last time, but even so, Jeff will go and shovel the driveway.  He'll take the dogs out with him and they can play and tire themselves out.  Although, since both dogs are now seniors, it doesn't take much running around before they are ready to come back in the house.

Since it's a Federal holiday, there won't be as much traffic on the roads, which is good news for the snow plows.

I love to watch snow fall, especially if I don't have to go outside.  My days of frolicking in the snow left years ago.  Now, my biggest fear when I'm outside in the snow and/or ice, is falling.  If I fell on my backside, there would be no damage - I'm well padded in that area!  

I didn't cook dinner last night.  I was taking the night off.  I'll cook today because Jeff needs something for his lunch tomorrow. I'm going to make something with hamburger, just haven't decided on what this early in the morning.

I'll finish up my laundry today, and perhaps when I have my chores done, I'll read.  I believe that the more free time you have, the less you actually accomplish.  There is always the "I can do it tomorrow" theory.  Trouble is, tomorrow never actually seems to arrive.

Hopefully, you have today off and enjoyed sleeping in for the third day in a row!

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...