Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Chores

2/3/2016

Today is going to be super exciting.  First, I get to clean up the kitchen, then fold (ick) and put away the clean clothes, and then I need to scoop (you know) after Mr. Sam.  I know that all of you who are at work are super jealous of me now - I know I would be.

I have an almost negative mental block about folding and putting away clothes.  I don't know why, it's not like the clothes have ever harmed me.  It may be that almost as soon as you put the clothes away, there's another load that needs to be washed.  Jeff would say that I do laundry too often, but I disagree.  You have your white clothes (or mostly white) and the colored items.  By my count, that's just two loads I run in a week.  

We still had snow on the driveway yesterday, so I spent some time shoveling snow.  I wanted to get rid of enough snow so that Jeff could put his new car in the garage.  My car is now "old" (hardly) and she sits outside.  Of course, I couldn't escape my good deed of shoveling without accident.  Yep, I slipped on some melting snow and fell on my fanny.  My chief complaint was and is that I had broken my fanny - which just means that the old rear end hurts!  You would think that a well padded fanny would be able to survive slipping and falling down, but I'm here to tell you that even though I'm padded in that department, among others, my rear end still hurts today.  Note to self: stay inside.

My "reward" for doing my chores is that I can either (a) watch television; or (b) read.  Tough choices, but I bet I can get a little bit of both in my day if I try.  I recorded the live version of Grease last weekend, and I will probably start watching it again, because I just love the music.  

Today is Elmo's birthday and national wedding ring day.  When Benjamin was little, I watched countless hours of Sesame Street with him.  He's now on to more "mature" movies, like Frozen, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and others like that.  He also loves Shrek and I've watched the movies with him so much, that I'm pretty sure I could recite the lines.

Have a great Wednesday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...