Monday, February 22, 2016

Sunny Monday

2/22/2016

It was gloomy yesterday and rained.  Today, however, is beautiful.  The sun is shining and hopefully temperatures will finally be high enough to melt the very last of the snow from the yard.  In theory (my theory actually) is that after the snow arrives, it should leave as quickly as it came.  Now I know that's not going to happen, but would be nice if it did.

Today reminds me that winter isn't going to last forever and that the first day of spring will be March 20th, one week after daylight savings time begins.  It won't be long before the lawn people will be out spreading fertilizer and weed control products to yards everywhere.  

We have a dogwood tree in our yard that is now 29 years old and so beautiful in the spring when the blossoms first appear.  Years ago, a neighbor of ours, heard that dogwood trees had some kind of blight and it would be better to cut down our tree.  We took our chances and let the tree live and it's still standing today.  A good decision on our part.

I tried last spring and summer to put in new plants in the backyard.  This was no easy task for me, but I did manage to get some plants in the ground.  Did they survive winter?  We'll find out in a few weeks.  

At the moment, the yard is mushy and the dogs have to cover their "tracks", so to speak and they wipe (for lack of a better word) their front paws in the grass or mud.  Dogs aren't particular, so they can scratch around in grass or mud and don't worry about dirty paws.  Dirty paws is my job!

I suspect that today was nice enough that Jeff might drive with the top down.  If you own a convertible, having the top down is the best way to travel.

I hope the sun is shining where you are.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...