Thursday, February 18, 2016

Women

2/18/2016

Sometimes I think women are on the receiving end of unfairness.  Now I know all of you men will disagree, but the women won't.

  • We have that little monthly thing
  • Until we become pregnant, deal with morning or sometimes all day sickness, and protruding tummies
  •  We are encourage to have a natural (i.e., no drugs) delivery of a baby that weighs about the same as a bowling ball
  • We are also encouraged to breast feed (again I'm wondering who the "we" is) until the baby gets teeth!
  • We may or may not return to our former body shape
  • Until recently, mothers were the ones who most of the time got up in the middle of night for feedings
  • We returned to work and juggled childcare, housework and tried to remain upright in our office chair
  • Then the children grew up and you were no longer the number one person in their life.  Most of the time girlfriends and wives took over the number one spot.  And, that's okay, it's the way it should be.
  • And your hair begins to turn gray.  Some women are lucky to have beautiful gray hair, while others of us have to deal with the odd bits of gray.  Note: gray hair is a tad difficult to curl.  This is the reason why I wear my hair short.
  • We enter menopause with mood swings that mirror pregnancy.  We want chocolate, we love you, we hate you, it's too hot, it's too cold
  • We begin to get old lady spots (or if you prefer "age spots) on our hands and face
  • And the final insult to a woman, who already knows she's old, thank you very much is having to deal with facial hair.  Beards and mustaches look grand on men.  On a woman - not so much.  You can pluck, try different products that are supposed to make your dark hair lighter (ha) and last but not least you can wax off the hair.  I have been waxing parts of my face for over 20 years and you would think that by now my body would realize I don't want chin hairs and just give up.  Unfortunately, that's not happening.  I don't consider myself vain, but even for me, wispy chin hairs is too much to have to deal with.  
Today, I am going to the salon to endure another round of waxing.  Fellas, it ain't easy being a woman!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...