Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Dinner

2/24/2016

I have ground beef thawed out and ready to be turned into something.  But I'm at a loss as to what that something is.  I can make meatloaf, spaghetti, a casserole or?

Jeff deserves to have dinner cooked for him each night.  After all, he gets up at the crack of dawn, traverses his way around the interstate, and then spends eight hours working at whatever he does.  Since Jeff and the boys are all computer geeks, I have never really understood the lingo they use.  They might be programmers or analysts or some other computer related position.  

A long time ago, Jeff and I, the boys and their friend who we call "Computer Ken" would meet up on Thursday nights at a favorite Mexican restaurant.  When it comes to computer "speak", I have the attention span of a gnat!  Early on, I would try and remain awake while they talked over my head about work stuff.  I eventually smartened up and began taking a book to read or a crossword puzzle to ponder over.  Wrapped in their computer worlds, I brought very little to the table, but did enjoy the night off from cooking and the food served was excellent.

Okay, back to the ground beef.  I can make, and have done so many time, a one pot dish.  The elements of the dish are quite simple.  You cook the beef, and then rummage through the refrigerator and pantry and start throwing ingredients in the pan.  And before you know it, you have something edible, but not note worthy.  It's rainy and cool outside today, so it might be a good day to make chili and cornbread.  

We've eaten enough chicken lately that we're beginning to cluck!  Last night was pork chops with pineapple slices.  We both really love red meat, but the price of a steak, regardless of the cut, is really expensive.  When we go to a restaurant for a meal, we both order steaks, because who doesn't love them?

Generally on Friday nights, I ask Jeff to bring home tacos or taco salads for dinner.  Every now and then the cook wants the night off.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...