Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Televison Show Review

2/9/2016

Last night I checked out a new reality show "Billion Dollar Wreck", and I loved it.  I really enjoy these shows where money apparently isn't an issue, while the investors dive or dig for treasure.  Treasure that may or may not actually be there.

Billion Dollar Wreck is about finding sunken ships that are sitting on the ocean floor, with - you guessed it - treasure.  In last night's show, the treasure was What treasure did the RMS Republic have on board?  Supposedly, $250,000 worth of raw gold, says one theory–gold which would be worth a minimum of $4,760,000 today, and possibly as much as $133,000,000. This sounds good to me, especially since Jeff and I can't even get more than one number on a lottery ticket!

While it would be scary as heck, I think it would be thrilling to be able to swim and walk around (since the wrecks are on the ocean floor) this much history.  I'd love to see the Titanic up close and personal, but we know that's not going to happen.

I'm in envy of the divers who get to actually touch a piece of history.  A piece of history lost to mankind for many, many years.  

Do I believe for a second that this show, which replaced "The Curse of Oak Island" will unearth anything of real merit or value?  The answer is no, but that won't stop me from watching each exciting episode.  

I know this kind of show is a bit, or more than a bit, on the cheesy side, but I love it just the same.  While watching last night's show, I was silently rooting for the team and hoping that they would be successful in their endeavors.  

I suppose that if treasure was really found on any of these television shows, there would be no need to have more episodes.  Treasure wanted?  Treasure found, end of story.  Nope, the network will keep stringing us along with teases of what might be uncovered.  I'm not too proud to say that I'll keep watching.  Who doesn't want the "little guy" to score big?  I'm pretty sure nobody.  

Here's a picture of the ship and a picture of some of the items found on the wreck - bottles and silver coins.

Image result for picture of rms republic shipwreck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...