Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The TV Knows More Than Me

2/2/2016

Last year, Jeff bought us a new, really big television.  And, it's a "Smart TV", being operated by a rather simple minded person - yours truly.  I don't mean that I'm simple in a bad or negative way, more like I don't have deep thoughts about things.  Also, I don't retain everything I'm told or read.  It's just the way my brain works these days.

Anyway, the new television allows us to use our Amazon Prime account to access movies and television shows for free.  Last night we sat down and while I watched, Jeff pushed all the buttons to get us registered with Amazon.  In reality, I don't know how frequently I'll be trying to watch something on Amazon.  Up to now, Netflix has been my go to place for movies. 

 I love watching movies on Netflix and other premium television channels, because there are no commercials!  I know it's not difficult to push the skip button on the remote to bypass commercials, but it's annoying.  You can't really enjoy buttered popcorn if you have to keep using the remote!

Through the help of Jeff and/or Scott, my computer runs effortlessly.  All I ever have to do is wake up the computer in the morning.  I take this ease for granted, and I'm thankful.  I was afraid after my 2013 mess, that I might have forgotten how to maneuver my way around the computer.  And, initially I did have some difficulty, but I kept at it, and feel that I'm up to speed as far as using the computer goes.

Now all I have to do is figure out what all the various television remotes do!  Or, I could more easily, stick to what I know, which is how to turn the television on and off and select and record shows and watch movies on Netflix.  As I said, I'm a simple person.  I don't need bells and whistles and I don't want to wade through a rather thick owner's manual on how to get the most out of the new TV.  If I turn it on and can find my shows that I've recorded, then all's good in my world.

The sun has decided to come out today, so the pile of snow remaining on the driveway, will probably disappear today.  I can always go out and start shoveling snow out into the middle of the driveway to help Mother Nature along.

I'm sorry that I didn't check out the "holidays" yesterday.  One holiday in particular applied to me: Spunky Old Broads Day!!!!

P

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...