Saturday, February 20, 2016

Lunch with a Friend

2/20/2016

The temperature outside is warming up.  I just wished the sky would turn from gray to blue and then everything would be perfect - at least as far as the weather is concerned.

Today, I'm having lunch with an old friend of mine from work.  I haven't seen her since January of 2014 when I had my retirement breakfast.  When I was working, I would stop by her cubicle frequently to chat.  I have missed those chats.

Most of the friends I have are people I used to work with at Marriott.  Hence, they can't come out and play during the week.  Their weekends are probably spent running around doing errands and enjoying their down time.  Literally, the only thing I miss about working is not being around the people that I liked and considered my friends.

My friend is picking me up at noon and we're going to a local restaurant that is pretty much guaranteed to not being crowded at that time of the day.  We have a lot of talking to do.  I want to here about her son who is now married.  How's work going?  That sort of thing.

I'm really looking forward to seeing my friend and chatting like magpies!  

Jeff will be on his own today, but he'll manage.  It's a perfect day for taking the car out with the top down and ruffle his hair, if he had any!

Tomorrow, Scott and his neighbor are coming to the house for breakfast and to borrow the truck.  Breakfast means eggs and bacon, which is Jeff's job.  As much as I like breakfast, I don't cook it.  I'm perfectly happy with a bagel and a cup of coffee.  

I hope that you are going to have a pleasant and hopefully wonderful Saturday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...