Monday, February 8, 2016

Post Super Bowl Sunday

2/8/2016

Through the magic of the fast forward button on the Tivo remote, Jeff and I made quick work of watching the game.  About the only thing I know about the Super Bowl is that it's a football game between two teams.  Jeff left in the early afternoon to go to the airport and the store, and I stayed home.  Obviously, there are trust issues concerning my being safe, especially on that particular day.  I could have gone with Jeff, but opted to stay home and watch crappy television.

We stopped when a commercial was on, because normally they are very good, but really didn't see anyone with merit.  I may have fast forwarded and missed the Budweiser commercial, or maybe they didn't advertise this year.  I love those large Clydesdale horses.

Dinner was pizza.  A jalapeno, pineapple, pepperoni one, which was quite good, with a nice little zip at the end of each bite.   For dessert, I had made a raspberry swirl cake.  Since it didn't rise very much, perhaps it was more of a cookie.  Either way, pretty yummy especially with milk.

Snow is predicted for later this afternoon and into the evening. I don't think it's going to be a massive storm, like the one we just had, but even a little bit of snow has to be shoveled.  And getting Old Sam to go outside to do his business when there's snow on the ground is very challenging.  For an old and small dog, he can really dig his heels in when he wants too!  

Jeff took my car to work, because it's a heavier and is all wheel drive.  Jeff's new sporty car will be just the ride we'll need when warmer weather arrives.  Frankly, I can hardly wait to hit the road, the destination doesn't matter, with the top down.  The new car fits beautifully in the garage and doesn't take up as much room as mine does.

Fellas, a gentle reminder that Valentine's Day is on Sunday, which means that the price of roses will rise accordingly.  I love fresh flowers, but they die and they do so quickly.  Chocolate lasts longer (ha), but not by much!

P
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...