Saturday, February 27, 2016

Oscar Fever

2/27/2016

Tomorrow is all about the movies and those little golden statutes.  Jeff and I are not regular movie goers, so we can only root for the one movie we saw - The Martian.  I don't believe the movie itself will win an Oscar, but Matt Damon was incredible in his role.

I like movies, but they are very expensive now.  Well, they would be cheaper, if yours truly didn't have to have popcorn and a soda!  What can I say?  I love popcorn - correction - buttered popcorn!
Jeff goes generally to only one movie a year, and he's always surprised at how much a two hour event costs.  The movies always make their way to Netflix and the cost of admission is simple: no talking, popcorn and soda.  Then off to our own recliners we go to enjoy the movie with the added benefit of the pause button!

I have set the Tivo to record the Oscars.  What I really like about these award shows is watching what the actresses wear.  I have to continually remind myself that they can afford to have any designer make their dress, someone else to "paint" their face and be dripping in jewels (which are on loan). And even with all that help, sometimes I wonder what these ladies were thinking.  Okay, maybe they weren't thinking.  

I'm not a prude, or at least much of one, but I still have trouble accepting that it is now acceptable to have more of your body hanging out of a gown. than actually in the gown.  The gowns have plunging fronts, which is where duct tape (kidding) comes in handy!  Backs are bare and slits are long. Maybe I'm just jealous, because nobody wants to see that much of me - even I don't like seeing that much of me!  Unlike actresses, my body already has the ever increasing number of old lady spots, which really aren't attractive.  As for the rest of me, I'm not overweight, just under tall!

Here are pictures of an elegant gown, a really baaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea, the requisite slit in the gown and true elegance:
 

It's so much fun to watch the Red Carpet ceremony.  Since I have only seen one Oscar nominated movie, I will be concentrating on seeing who's wearing a gown from which designer.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...