Sunday, February 21, 2016

The "New" Car

2/21/2016

It's dark and rainy out today.  This is not good weather for me.  I need sunshine, lots of sunshine, particularly in the winter.  I've turned on my "SAD" light which produces a really bright light, sort of like sunshine.

Since we bought the new car (convertible), I've only been in the car once.  And that day was too cold to have the top down.  I know that spring/summer will eventually show up, and I'm really looking forward to riding in the car with the top down.  When the top is up, it's just like a regular car, and there's nothing too exciting about that.

During sunny weather, when I drive past a convertible, I am green with envy.  On days such as this one, cloudy and rainy, I know all to well that the convertible car owner is missing the joy that a convertible, with the top down brings.

In 2013, there were 465,800 convertibles in the United States, compared to 15.4 million SUV's.  I know that owning a convertible might night be the best use of someone's money, but if you can afford to have one - you should.  Jeff and I don't need to own a convertible, we choose to own one.  Convertibles aren't the best car for winter driving in snow and/or ice, but since we have my car and the truck, there's no reason to take the "new" car out.  My car handles quite well in the snow, as does the truck.  

The "new" car lives inside the garage, and my old car (2011) now sits outside.  We have a two car garage, but like most people in the neighborhood, the reality is that there is only room for one car.  The rest of the garage is filled with stuff.  It's really easy to keep stacking things on top of one another when you don't really use the space.

Although I've only been in the new car once or twice, I'm anxious to enjoy it when warmer weather arrives.

Our car looks something like this, only in white with a black top:

Image result for picture of 2013 mercedes e class 4 seat convertible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...