Monday, September 11, 2017

Checking In

9/11/2017

I took the weekend off from writing my blog.  No real excuse, just lazy I guess.  Jeff and I have watched countless hours of television showing the progress of Irma.  I can only take so much of the "talking heads", and then I feel the need to watch something non-hurricane related.

AOPA (pilot's association) is flying to Florida with supplies.  Jeff contributed by buying bottled water, baby formula and dog food.  I feel so sorry for both the people in Houston and now Florida.  I was working at Marriott headquarters when Katrina hit, and I know how many hours my boss and I put in to getting financial help to Marriott employees.

I can't even imagine what it would feel like to be told to evacuate your home.  Looking around the house, I'd be hard pressed to know what to bring, other than essential papers and certainly the dogs.  There would be no way that Jeff and I would leave the dogs, even though they're annoying at times, behind to fend for themselves, that would just be cruel.

Jeff is flying to Nashville on Wednesday for the annual migration of pilots who have our type of plane.  I'm staying home withe the girls.  Initially, he wanted me to go out to Andrew's house, but I told him that I'd rather stay in the house.  I have everything I need/want here and a neighbor who is willing to visit and or check on me while he's gone.  So I'll be "batching" (why don't they have a word for when a married woman has the house to herself?) it for a few days.  Cheesy television, frosty flakes for dinner, stuff like that.

Temperatures are cooler now, so the a/c is getting a much needed rest and the windows are wide open.  Sometimes it just feels good to freshen the air in the house.  Of course, if it warms up, the windows are going down and the a/c is starting back up!  😊

My physical therapy ends this week.  This means that I have "graduated" from services I was getting from the rehab facility.  Now, I'll be on my own as far as my foot/leg goes.  Being able to drive eventually would be a wonderful thing.  I'm pretty much housebound at the moment. I'm going to use the Metro Access services this week for a doctor's appointment.  It might be a bit of a hassle, but at least I don't have to ask anyone to take me.

I hope that you and your friends and family are safe.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...