Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Help Is On The Way!

9/26/2017

After days of finding potential cleaning ladies, meeting said ladies, getting prices, etc., I have finally picked one.  She comes tomorrow for the first "deep" clean and weekly thereafter.  I couldn't be happier.  Who doesn't want a clean house?  Since May, I haven't really cleaned the house, because I was either (a) in the hospital or rehab; and, (b) not physically able to scrub the shower, etc.  So anything this lady cleans tomorrow, will be wonderful.  I'm not super picky and a bit of dust here and there doesn't bother me.  

I've been checking out how many people are reading my blog and for the last couple of days, it's showing zero views.  This is disturbing.  A computer glitch perhaps?  I'm hoping that's all it is, because I would be sad if nobody was reading my blog anymore.

Went to physical therapy yesterday.  The pick-up windows for my rides to and from, are big, and I always have downtime waiting for the van.  The office where the physical therapist is, has a small cafe.  I trekked in there and ordered a Reuben sandwich, which is one of my favorites.  Unfortunately, after a few bites stopped eating, it just wasn't sitting right.  

When I go into office buildings, I'm amazed at how few automatic doors they're are.  For instance, the physical therapist doesn't have an automatic door on his office.  You would think he would, given that everyone who comes there, is "disabled" in some way.  People use canes, crutches, walkers and wheelchairs.  The doors are heavy and you basically have to open the door with your "hinny", in order to get in and out.  That doesn't seem right.  It's hard enough maneuvering my rollator around, and then coming up on a door that requires manual operation, is damn inconvenient.  I liked the therapist and he's a one man show.  So, it's only him working on you, which will be a new experience.  Yesterday, he told me something that I hadn't thought about.  He said when you're happy, then you don't notice the pain as much.  The night I went out to dinner with Scott et al, I had a very good time and barely noticed the pain while sitting down.  Unfortunately, when I stood up, the foot was numb-er than usual, and I required some help getting out to the car.  Bummer.

Yesterday, in my haste to be waiting for the van, I unknowingly locked Daisy in the basement, and thought that Bella was down there too.  Nope, she was upstairs with endless possibilities of destruction, and except for a few papers knocked to the ground, she didn't tear anything up.  And believe me, she could have ripped up blankets, etc.  Maturing perhaps?  Gads I hope so.

So today, like all the women out there who have someone clean their house, I will do some tidying (i.e., picking up) around the house.  If you want a table dusted for instance, it's helpful if there's less on top.  That just makes sense to women, but not men.

Nice chat, but I've got stuff to do.

P


 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. Must have been a glitch in the system which showed that nobody had read the blog.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...