Monday, September 25, 2017

Monday Monday

9/25/2017

It's Monday again - probably the most dreaded day of the week.  Just when you get settled in to staying up late, sleeping in, naps, and sitting in the sunshine, it all comes to a screeching halt.  Jeff has to get up super early to minimize the amount of time spent coming and going to work.  Obviously, the morning commute is much easier for him.

Yesterday, we went out to visit with Andrew et al.  Benjamin and I made a stepping stone filled with pieces of glass, and colorful rocks, that looked very much like M&M's!  The stepping stone, which Benjamin did by himself, turned out beautifully.  

Andrew took me down to see the coop, chickens and rooster in his "gator" (think golf cart).  The coop is really nice and I love the deep red color with white trim.  I went inside the coop and let a few chickens peck food from my hand.  They have several different kinds of chickens, and obviously, the chickens are different colors.  There was a black one, and a beautiful red one too, as well as some chickens that wouldn't come out to be seen.

Jeff did some wiring on two of Andrew's outlets.  One outlet turned on the lights in the ceiling in their breakfast area and the other one was in their bedroom, a ceiling fan outlet I believe.  But, I could be wrong, and it wouldn't be the first time.

We took the girls in the convertible.  Daisy curls up in a corner and half the time you keep looking in the backseat just to make sure she's still there.  Bella, on the other hand, can't rest.  She paces from one end of the backseat to the other.  Once we let them loose in Andrew's backyard, Bella is in heaven.  Daisy, who is much more laid back and needs less exercise, doesn't run around near as much.

Once we got home, Bella was worn out.  Climbed into her bed which is on top of the spare sofa in the den and was asleep in minutes.  The ride home is always quiet and eventually even Bella gives up and sits down.

Before we went home, we stopped at WalMart and Jeff went in for a quick shop of weekly necessities: salad, tomatoes, apples.  Stuff like that.  Unless it needed refrigeration, the food is still sitting on the kitchen table waiting to be dealt with today.

I have a physical therapy appointment today.  The appointment is supposed to last 45 minutes.  I'm assuming some of that time will be in history taking and then we'll get down to business.  I know that there is probably no amount of physical therapy which will make my foot un-numb (don't think that's actually a word).  I would like to work on my balance, however, because sometimes I feel I'm just steps away from turning around, getting a bit dizzy and falling down.

 It's time now for me to get up and start doing "stuff", like making the bed and other exciting chores!  I know you all envy me!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...