Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Getting Help

9/6/2016

It's very hard for most people, including me, to recognize and ask for help.  I want to believe that I can "tough it out" until I feel better.  And now I know that I simply can't.  Today I have an appointment with Metro Access which provides door to door service for people with disabilities.  Unfortunately, I'm now that person.

Jeff believes, and I'm pretty sure he's right, that taking the little vans to and from doctor's appointments, etc., will be pretty much like having your tooth pulled out, I literally have no other choice.  I for sure can't drive with a numb foot.  That could go sideways in so many ways, and since my right foot can't grip, I would be a hazard on the road.  But, while I'm a reclusive person by choice, I do miss the ability to go out when I want to.

Today, I'll be interviewed to see if I qualify for this door to door service.  My doctor filled out the form, leaving no doubt about my disabilities (both mental and physical).  I can't rely on Jeff to leave work every time I have to go to the doctor.  Other than doctor appointments, I probably won't use this service for say shopping or getting my nails done.

I've called several cleaning companies to see what they would charge for cleaning the house.  So far, the cost is off the chart - I could put a down payment on a car with the company that came yesterday.  I am desperate to have the house cleaned.  I basically have been pretty much handicapped and unable to clean since the first of May.  That's a lot of dust bunnies - but, if you don't move anything, the dust isn't as visible to the eye.  Or at least that's what I tell myself.

I'm so confused, and it actually doesn't take much to do that.  How much is Jeff willing to pay for a clean house?  Actually, I'm not sure because it's clear that I can't keep up.  I still wobble when I walk, so vacuuming the carpet would be interesting to say the least.

Wish me luck with my appointment today.  I hope I don't get rattled and upset while I'm being "interviewed".

P




1 comment:

  1. How much am I willing to pay - I am WILLING to pay ZERO - however, I know that it will not happen for zero. So, I WILL pay what is required - we will need to manage the cost.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...