Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Cleaning Lady Cometh .....

9/27/2017

Okay folks, today's the day.  Yes, the day that somebody comes to the house to clean.  I'm never sure of housecleaning etiquette.  Do I remain in one room, out of the way? Do I continue to try and pick up stuff (and I have a lot of stuff) while they're here.  In days of old, when I had the house cleaned weekly, I was at work.  You leave a check on the counter and come home to a clean house.  Perfecto.

I have hired a woman and her sister, who had a great review and her prices weren't off the chart.  I don't have boat loads of extra cash laying around to pay a cleaning lady.  I can't begin to tell you how happy I am today.  Today is a deep clean, and boy does the house need a deep clean!  Initially, we're going to have her come to the house weekly.  A weekly cleaning will help keep the house cleaner (more or less).

Having someone coming to the house every week, will force me to be better about putting things away.  It's way to eassssssssssssssssssssssssssy to just stack things on the stairs (such a bad habit) or on counter tops, etc.  The way things should work (and they don't), is if you pick up something, be it an envelope or a box, then you should find it an appropriate home.  Trouble is, plopping stuff down wherever is handy at the moment, and then when you can't find that item, all hell breaks loose.  I know I've been guilty about forgetting where I've put things.

Since Bella is such a good thief, we have learned to get things out of her way.  I now have next to my chair, two plastic boxes with locking handles.  Everything, and I mean everything that will fit in those two boxes goes in - reading glasses, nail polish, the little clock, puzzle books, pens, etc.  While you might be interested in the box, or more likely their contents, even she isn't inclined or strong enough to haul these boxes out into the backyard.  This is a good thing.  Bella can stand up and put her paws on the counter top, because she leaves evidence that she's been there - missing food for example!

Yesterday, even though it was pretty warm outside, I ventured out into the front yard, armed with my broom and dustpan to start picking up the dead leaves that had been blown into a pile.  The yard was mowed yesterday, and there is now another pile of leaves to be picked up, and perhaps I'll do that later today.  I must be an amusing sight, because I bring my rollator to the street with me.  I'll scoop and shovel "x" number of leaves, and then it's time to rest.  So, I just plunk my fanny on the rollator seat and rest.  After I rest, I'm good to go again.

I'm behind on my watching "Dog" each morning, and I need to catch up!  It's so hard to be retired.  You have to make big decisions all day long - when to eat, what to eat, well you get the idea.  I have to keep track of what day the trash man comes and what day is recycling.  This is heady stuff people, believe me.

Can't stay and chat, I need to eat my breakfast.

P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...