Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Carpet Cleaning, Hooves, etc.

9/20/2017

My good friends, Stanley Steemer was here this morning to once again shampoo the hall carpet (sigh) and Jeff's office.  I don't know what's up with using the hall carpet as a pee spot, but I'm getting pretty aggravated.  I know the two men so well now that I should probably send them a Christmas card!

I'm having the first of three possible cleaning ladies coming this afternoon to give me an estimate to clean the house.  I'm hoping the price is low, because upstairs 4 rooms are shut and don't need (well, probably do, but since they are used for "storage"), aren't going to pay to clean them.  I'm not even that fussy - do some vacuuming, dusting of large pieces of furniture, bathrooms, kitchen and den.  I think the biggest thing I need is the bathrooms and kitchen.  I find it very difficult, if not down right impossible to clean the floors, shower, etc.

Last night, while it was still light outside, Jeff took Bella and I for a walk.  I wanted to see if she pulled on her leash, and she doesn't.  Now a choke collar on a dog generally makes walking a dog easier, but even with the collar on, I was still afraid that she might pull me down.  Jeff was standing by, and Bella did beautifully.  When I stopped, she sat down and when I turned, she had her eyes on me, and turned as well.  Perfecto.  We live at the top of the hill, and while I could probably make it down the hill, know that coming back up would be impossible.

Jeff went out to Andy's house last night to see the newly installed chicken coop.  He took Bella with him and she really enjoyed running around in the yard.  Here's what I know for sure - when they came home, Bella simply laid down!  I have also noticed that when Bella is gone, Daisy doesn't seem to care one bit.  She's a pretty low key dog, unless something catches her attention in the back yard!  So while Jeff was gone, Daisy simply snuggled in the blankets on the sofa and went to sleep.

I'm having another epidural tomorrow.  It was the earliest I could get on the schedule, but the timing is terrible.  Our 43rd anniversary is tomorrow.  While I like to go out for a steak dinner on our special day, I will probably postpone it until later in the week.  

Like most women, I want to tidy up the house before the cleaning lady come this afternoon.  I guess the reason we do this is because we don't want to be judged for the condition of our house.  I need to wash the dishes, hang up some clothes, stuff like that.  I clean as much as I can, but to use Scott's word, too much "stooding" (standing) is very hard on me.  Will I ever get better?  Who knows.  So far, I haven't found the right doctor that can or will help me with my foot.  Sadly, gripper socks have become my new norm for footwear.  And unlike the socks you get in the hospital which are either drab gray or drab tan, I have red and green ones!  

Metro Access is going to take me to my appointment tomorrow.  But, this time instead of standing outside waiting for my ride, I'm taking my rollator so that I can at least sit down while waiting.  I'm a pretty patient person and always go prepared to doctor's appointments.  Water is a necessity as well as a puzzle book and a pen.  If I have all of those things, then I'm happy (okay, maybe happy is a bit of an exaggeration) enough.  When you schedule a ride, they give you a window.  That window likely leaves you with extra time on your hands.  But, on the plus side, I don't have to ask anyone to take me to the doctor.😊

Have a great day.

P


2 comments:

  1. Patti. You know with the way styles are these days, you can wear one red sock and one green sock, and it will be okay. So, don't stick to plain red and plain green combinations. Shock the world with your new sense of style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice, you're right. I should let my wild side out once in a while.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...