Friday, September 8, 2017

"New Clothes"

9/8/2017

Ah, the feeling a woman gets when she reaches into her closet or drawers, and most of her clothes are too big!!!  I now have that feeling.  I have lost 28 pounds this summer and it's so nice to be in smaller sized clothing.  Unfortunately, I gave away a lot of my clothes.  I was convinced that I would never be "small" (at least my version of small) again. So, I ended up buying clothes in ever increasing sizes, and then I took a look at my body in a mirror (ugh) and decided enough was enough.  Of course, I can't take all the credit, because my weekly Trulicity shots are helping me lose weight.

Now when I raid my closet, I'm not finding many things that fit me anymore.  While that fills me with giddiness, I know that my pants with a draw string, which I always cut off, don't seem to want to stay up.  Yippee.  I know that this news doesn't make Jeff happy.  Luckily, I don't work anymore and I can go weeks (not healthy - don't remind me) without leaving the house.  So, I pretty much live in pants, capris, shorts and t-shirts.  I do have one pair of "nice" pants, on the off chance we're invited somewhere that requires a slightly fancier outfit.

My immediate goal is to go down two sizes smaller than the clothes I'm wearing now.  Jeff buys me grapes, which I wash and put in the refrigerator.  The grapes are my "go to" food during the day, because truthfully I am seldom really hungry.  And, yes I know that's not healthy either.  During the day, I know when I must eat, because I get a little shaky.  But, a handful of grapes solves that problem.

Today's mission?  Go down to the basement (ick) and do some sweeping and mopping.  Heaven knows the floor is in need of care.  And, yes, since my problems began in February when I slipped in the basement while cleaning, I'll have my cellphone in my pocket.

Jeff's trip to Nashville is next week and he'll have a very good time.  It's basically pilots talking planes and a few classes in safety and things like that.  I'm staying home with the girls and will leave messages for Jeff, a neighbor and obviously my psychiatrist.

Time to sign off and try and get something/anything done today.

P

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better.

    M

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...