Friday, September 22, 2017

Friday At Last!

9/22/2017

I know what you're thinking.  Why am I so happy that it's Friday, because for all intents and purposes, all of my days are like Friday.  Well, here's the deal - I don't cook on Friday nights!  It's just that simple.  Actually, for the last couple of weeks, Jeff has been fixing dinner, and he does a really great job.  But Fridays are special, because we normally have tacos.  Okay, okay, these aren't California tacos by any stretch of the imagination, but they are technically called tacos.

Yesterday, I went and had my second epidural injection.  It's painful but not enough pain to warrant screaming or yelling.  I had brought my rollator, which has a seat with a little storage bag underneath the seat, because using the ride-on service, you're generally going to be waiting for the van on one or both trips.  The doctor was running late, so I missed my ride.  So, while I was perched on my seat, I actually managed to make a call and ask for another ride.  Of course, that ride didn't come for nearly 40 minutes.  I can't imagine what I would have done if I had to stand such a long time.  As Scott says too much "stooding" just isn't a good thing, and I agree.

I have reached out to neighbors for the names of cleaning ladies they use.  Two of the ladies have already been here, and the third one comes this afternoon.  Seems like the going rate is $90.  We have a relatively large house - but, there are three rooms upstairs that have closed doors, and will never need cleaning.  Jeff's office is, of course, off limits.  The downstairs is mostly vacuuming and a minimal amount of dusting.  I own a lot of glass, and I don't want anybody to be moving said glass pieces around.  Besides, if I never move any of the glass, you can't "really" tell that the shelf is dusty!  Or at least that's what I tell myself.

When I was working, I had someone come in weekly to clean the house.  But, alas, I no longer work and haven't had anybody out to clean, except a commercial cleaning company, who came twice.  The cleaning lady just came and her prices I think are more than fair.

Time to finish my laundry - blah.  Jeff buys me grapes each week.  While I watch television, I pull all the grapes off the vines and wash them and then in to the fridge they go.  Once they're cold, they absolutely make a tasty snack.

I hope you have a good weekend.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...