Thursday, September 21, 2017

Happy Anniversary

9/21/2017

Today, is our 43rd anniversary, even though my calendar on the refrigerator says 42!  Lost a year somewhere I guess.

I wish I could remember details more about our wedding day.  Compared to weddings today, ours was very simple and inexpensive.  Mom made my dress, which was ivory, because it was my second wedding.  Dad had to pay for two weddings, but neither of them broke the bank.

You wait for months for this special day and before you can blink, it's over.   I have pictures of course.  In 1974, light blue tuxedos was the "in" thing and all the men had ruffled shirt fronts, also an "in" thing.  No veil for me, just artificial flowers in my hair.  I've come to realize that you're just as married, if you spend thousands on the event, or merely hundreds.

I do remember Dad telling me that Jeff was a keeper.  And he was right.  A thousand times over the past 43 years right.  If Jeff rode a white horse, he would be my knight in shining armor.  He does own several white straw hats, so that counts, at least for me.

We have lived through some of our less than stellar actions.  One comes to mind - a 1942 Weapons Carrier!  While it never ran, it gave Jeff and a friend many, many hours of happiness getting their hands dirty!

Early on, buying a large truck without having it checked by a mechanic.  Within a short amount of time, it needed a new transmission.  But, it's only money - right?

Me letting a stainless steel butcher knife fall blade first into a running garbage disposal.  Shrapnel anyone?

Me trying hopelessly to open up countless bottles, jars, packages, etc., only to have to cry "uncle" and let Jeff take over.

Jeff being understanding about my loss of short term memory, my love of all things on Amazon (unfortunately), and my unrelnting questions that he's answered many times already.  

Like all couples, we've had our ups and downs.  We like to think of ourselves as a couple in a rowboat, both rowing in the same direction.  In 2013, I may have been in the boat, but I was definitely rowing in the opposite direction.  Happy to report, I'm now rowing in the right direction!

Happy Anniversary to my best friend, my champion, a good father, husband and the best PopPop anyone has ever known!  This many years later, Dad was right.  Jeff was a keeper in 1974 and is still a keeper today.  He may hurump (I actually don't know how to spell it) from time to time, but one of my faults, and believe me there are more than one, is to nag.  Most of the time, I don't even remember that I've nagged on some particular issue, hence more nagging ensues!

I've decided to "re-up" for 43 more years.  💕

P

1 comment:

  1. Happy, happy anniversary!!

    Sending our love!

    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...