Saturday, September 30, 2017

Donating - Or Just Getting Rid of Stuff!

9/30/2017

I had received some used clothes, some of which had to meet my first and foremost criteria - it had to fit.  Once that first challenge was met, then further scrutiny was needed.  Was the particular piece of clothing something I would actually wear - like ever?  Two bags of clothing later, all being donated to Purple Heart, tells you that most of these clothes didn't meet my standards, which are pretty low!

After bagging up the clothes for pick-up on Monday, I decided to get rid of a lot of my books.  Even with reading glasses, many of the books I own, I can no longer read, the print is too small.  I'm hanging onto them as if they were life preservers.  This growing old thing really sucks.  And, from time to time, a new challenge/obstacle gets in the way.  I love to read, and while I really enjoy my Kindle, it's just not the same as actually holding a book.  But finding large print books are hard to come by, even in a library.

Today, I'm going to put my emotions aside and send the books off to somebody else, who I hope, will enjoy them.  It kills me that even my word search puzzle books, which I love, are now in large print.  I have a cataract in one eye, but apparently isn't big enough to warrant surgery.  People tell me that once the cataract is removed, and an artificial lens is inserted in place of the damaged lens (or something like that).  I've also been told that people have much better vision after having this surgery.  

I should think about giving away books is a kind of purging.  Less is more, at least that's what people say.  And, when you look around my house, it's readily apparent that I haven't gotten on the less is more philosophy!

Fixing a potato dish to take to Scott's house this evening and I think I'll make pumpkin bread too.  Jeff has gone out, with the girls, to Andy's house for part of the day.  The girls will come home exhausted from part of a day running and playing.

Happy Saturday.

P  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...