Sunday, October 1, 2017

Yummy Dinner!

10/1/2017

Last night, Jeff and I went to Scott's house for a steak dinner.  All of the food was fabulous.  Scott cooked steaks, and he did a really good job grilling them to perfection.  I love steak.  It's the kind of food that you simply want to eat with your eyes closed, it's just that good.

Wendy made for me a Tres leches cake and it was amazing.  That particular cake is one of my favorite desserts, and I was so happy to have my cake and eat it to!  Wendy sent home with me some cake, so I can enjoy it again today.  Yum.  I know you're not supposed to eat cake for breakfast, but let me tell you I was really tempted.  I have no idea where I get my will power (just kidding about that) to resist some sugary cake in the refrigerator.  Oh, it's going to be wonderful tonight, while I'm watching cheesy tv shows!

I made my easy hash brown casserole, which is a food "go to" food to take to a dinner.  Super easy, very few ingredients, one bowl and a spoon needed.  I'm sure I can make a complicated dish, but I try and stay with the family favorites.  There are certain dishes that the boys have grown up with, and they're favorites for them.

This afternoon, I'm off to the movies and later ice cream.  What a great weekend I'm having.  Cake last night and ice cream today.  Who could ask for more?  Oh, and bonus - all my laundry is done!  Woo Hoo.  So, after my outing, I can lean back in my recliner, pick out my shows to watch this week and eat cake!  Now that I have the cooking channel, I am recording pretty much any show that has the word cake, sugar or cupcake in the title!  And there's a lot of them - yeah.

Have to bring this to a close.  My ride is here.  Have a great Sunday.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...