Thursday, October 12, 2017

Running Out of TV Shows (Horrors!)

10/12/2017

Before I became more or less a crippled person - I actually hate that word, but it describes me best right now.  I have trouble walking and standing, so I'm going to stick to my own diagnosis.  Anyway, back before my troubles started, I would take my coffee, bagel and Kindle and head to my favorite chair in the living room.  Since I came home in July, I seldom even go into the living room, and doing so guarantees that it's always clean and tidy!

At the moment, I fix my breakfast and sit in my recliner to watch two amazing tv shows: Dog the Bounty Hunter and Parking Wars.  I know, I know, this is not really good television, but I love them just the same.  Perhaps these are shows (and they are) that require no intellect.  You just sit back and enjoy these staged shows.  I know they are staged, but this doesn't diminish in anyway my enjoyment.  My theory is that if you are going to be involved in a reality show and perhaps make a fool of yourself, then I'm here to watch.  Once I'm finished with those shows and my cup is empty, it's time for me to get a move on.

The house was cleaned yesterday, and it's absolutely wonderful to have a clean house (thank you Jeff).  If they cleaned nothing but the bathrooms and kitchen, that would make me a happy camper as well.  The cook top is so clean, that I actually don't want to cook anything.  And I have a plastic cover to put over food in the microwave, so there are no splatters to clean up.  Basically, Wednesday is my new favorite day of the week.  Having the house cleaned, makes me want to do a better job of getting a handle on things they don't clean.  Notice I said makes me want, not I am going to clean the stairwell wall that the dogs rub up against when they are coming downstairs. 

It rained really hard last night and since the ground is wet, I can actually tell when one or both of the dogs have been outside - wet paws!  Unfortunately, Daisy in particular is less likely to go outside than Bella does.  I have been "trying" to see if Bella can behave if one or two gates are put away.  I'm starting with the kitchen and I know that seems like a poor place to start, but once I'm sure that pretty much everything has been put away, I let her roam.  Fingers crossed, but so far all is well.  Leaving the dogs inside the house while we are out, is just not going to happen anytime soon.  I'm pretty sure we'd come back to a certain amount of damage, and I don't want that.  The girls are showing some signs of maturity.  After their breakfast, there is a bit of sisterly fighting, and then they quietly go into separate areas and go to sleep.  Love that - the sleeping part that is.

It's very gray outside and for the first time in months, I have my "SAD" light turned on.  I need all the help I can get to help me stay positive and upbeat.  The winter months, with early sunsets, are not my friend.  With a cataract, it makes night driving a bit tricky.  But, it appears that night driving as well as daytime driving isn't in my immediate future - very sad about this.  I want my life back.

Love to stay and chat, but there are certain things that I must do, like shower and dress.  Oh, and make the bed.  

P













No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...