Monday, October 16, 2017

Post Sunday

10/16/2017

Yesterday, Scott and Wendy came to the house for a late breakfast, or early brunch.  Either way, Jeff's eggs, as always, was the star performer.

We acquired, i.e., bought a new printer for Jeff's office.  This printer will print 55 pages per minute, which is very impressive.  We, of course, seldom print any document quite that large, but it will be handy if, and when we do.  

What was more impressive, is that Scott put the new printer upstairs, he took down the two old printers in the office and put them in the back of his car.  Destination? The dump. Earlier I had visions of these very large printers sitting in a spare bedroom or the basement.  And, if something goes into the basement, it stays in the basement.  And, to be fair, not everything in the basement belongs to Jeff.  Nope, a lot of what's down there belongs to the boys.

Anyway, back on topic.  The four of us talked and talked.  It is super easy to talk to Wendy and when I showed her the pretty patchwork dress that I had "attempted" (emphasis on that word) to hem, she offered to finish the job, particularly since I ended up sewing the front and back ragged edges together!  Now, that may shock you, but it takes a unique person with a unique skill set to create a sack from a dress.  Just saying.

Wendy was going to make zucchini bread, but needed crushed pineapple.  A quick scan of our pantry, and the canned pineapple she needed was easily found.  Need more than one can?  I can fill that order as well.

I went up this morning to view the new, at least to us (for some reason I don't think it's brand new, but I'm probably mistaken as I often am) printer.  Great looking printer, nice gray finish and adequate paper storage.  What more can you say about a printer?  Not much, at least for me.  There are, of course, buttons you can push to get the printer going and doing stuff.  All I need to know is that if I want a document printed, I hit the printer button on the document and the document is printed.  Really don't need to know much more than that.

I mentioned, because it's October after all, that I like to do my Christmas shopping early, so a hint or list of things Wendy and her daughter wanted/needed, would be very helpful.  I know, I know.  What fool starts thinking about Christmas presents in October?  Me that's who.

Yesterday, and not my brightest idea (but these days few of them are), I went out to the backyard (gag) and since I didn't have a rake, used a shovel to pile up the destroyed treasures for the week: DVD, one side of two slippers, fluff from something, puzzle books shredded as well as a very large binder clip.  By the time I finished doing all of that, I had been on my feet long enough and needed to go and rest.  I took a plastic lawn chair and put it over my collected pile.  Is the chair still there?  Are the contents of the pile strewn all over the yard again?  I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon, and after which I'll head back to the yard armed with a broom and dustpan.  I don't use a rake, because the broom will do the job.

Well guys, that's the wrap up of yesterday, and it's time to get something done around the house.

P

In the afternoon, Jeff went to WalMart to collect the needed food for the week: lettuce, tomatoes, stuff like that.  While he was gone, I took one of those frozen dinners in a bag and then started adding food.  Already cooked rice, corn, green chilies, etc.  After Jeff came home, I left him to finish up the now one pot wonder, with the ingredients he wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...