Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Things

10/31/2017

Tonight is a dentist's dream.  Lots of candy can sometimes equal lots of cavities.  Jeff and I aren't passing out candy this year.  We live at the top of a hill, and very few children are willing to trek up the hill for the few houses up here that pass out candy.

I want to talk about bottles that come with a handy-dandy push down top to dispense soap, shampoo, etc.  Maybe it's just me, but those bottles only work a few times and then I have to work at getting the product out of the bottle.  How messed up is that?  I have even taken the plungy (new word) device out of the bottle and tried shaking let's say hand lotion to the top.  I seldom have great success with this. I have a great urge to just get out a very strong pair of scissors and cut the bottle in half.  I think many bottles suffer a premature death because of the plungy thing not working.  It's very frustrating to be in the shower ready to wash your hair and you can't get the stupid shampoo out of the bottle.  Now all this frustration may, in fact, just be me, but I doubt it.

I actually struggle a great deal with opening up a lot of things.  The push and turn top of pill bottles has only a 50/50 chance of actually opening.  Boxes are hacked open and actual packages are cut with scissors (carefully).  

Then, there's the fine print issue.  I am old, and I know this.  I have a cataract which isn't quite large enough to be taken out, so reading small print is nearly impossible for me to read.  Hence, the buying of a magnifying glass to help me out.  According to the 2010 census, there were at that time 40.3 people in the United States, 65 and older.  I know that companies don't really want to cater to our age group, but that's a mistake.  Just because we're older, don't count us out as a consumer.  It's true that some of the things we want/need are, in fact, things like magnifying glasses, and weekly pill boxes with large dates and times.  And, sometimes a cane or other walking device is needed.  I know all about this.  I have a can, a four wheel walker and my rollator, which is currently down for repair.  I know that I no longer buy clothes that I would/could wear to work.  My work is inside the house, and the last time I looked, nothing around me has been complaining.  Hey, I shower and put on clean clothes and even put rollers in my hair so that my hair doesn't stand up on end!

Jeff bought a very large flat screen television and I absolutely love the size.  I can even watch television without my glasses, and that's a really big deal.  I confess, although most of you already know this, that I am a television junkie.  I have a limited amount of time that I can stand and/or walk before pain sets in.  So "stooding" (a word that Scott has used) isn't something I like to do a great deal.  

This afternoon, I'm seeing yet another orthopedic surgeon.  Am I expecting a successful outcome from the visit?  Nope.  I've been to doctor after doctor and continually get excuses about why they can't or won't help me.  I'm about ready to give up and accept my numb foot, etc., as my new reality.  I can almost hear you guys telling me not to give up or give in, but that's easy to say, but harder to put in motion.  You can only be disappointed so many times.

I'm sure if you are going to a costume party, that your outfits will be fabulous.  Have a great day.

P

Image result for picture of jack o lantern




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...