Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Getting My Life Back

11/1/2017

It isn't as bad as the post name suggests.  Halloween is over, and depending on where you live, you had a lot of children.  When the boys were of an appropriate age, they would bring home their candy for sorting.  Unfortunately, homemade treats were tossed, because we didn't know what might be inside.  I know some mother undoubtedly spent time making these treats, but we live and still live, in a scary world.  When I was a child, myself and my friends ate some candy long before we made it home.  Ah, those were the days.

My task today was to cancel a claim against a seller through Amazon.  I finally managed to get to the right person and was successful in doing so.  But, that is 15 (or longer) or more minutes that I'm not going to be able to get back. 😣  Buying on Amazon is super duper easy, but if you need help as in cancelling a claim, heaven help you.

I had a broken part on my rollator, which I use to go back and forth to my appointments, simply because there's a seat, and I can park my hinny while waiting for my scheduled Metro Access ride.  The new part is here (yeah) and once Jeff puts it on, I'll be good to go.  All I need to do now, is not fall again, but if I do, don't take the rollator with me!

I saw a new surgeon yesterday, who actually looked at me when he talked.  I liked that.  I'm a person, just like he is, and I don't think it's respectful for a doctor to make minimal face contact with a patient.  He understood my frustration and wants me to have one more epidural injection (ouch) and then go back to see him.  Is it possible that after just six months of going to various doctors, that this surgeon just might be able to help me.  I told him that I was in desperate need of unicorns and rainbows, which I don't think is asking too much!

The house is being cleaned today, so that makes Wednesdays for me super special.   I'm still pretty uncomfortable sitting around "eating bon bons" while somebody cleans up our mess.  But, I'm working on doing the idle thing.  Some would say that I "idle" a great deal, and they'd be right.  I only have "x" amount of time that I can stand and/or walk in me.  After that, it's definitely chair time.  But, my morning bagel time spent with "Dog the Bounty Hunter" is over.  I've seen every episode at least once and sometimes twice.

At the moment, I'm enjoying all the cooking/baking shows.  I only watch these shows when Jeff's not around.  He doesn't like them and I understand this, and because I'm a good wife (patting myself on my back right now), I don't watch them after he gets home.

Sweatshirt weather today, and probably pick up some more leaves in the front yard.  I need to go into the backyard and rake up all of the debris that the girls have accumulated.  My biggest fear is that I'll get out into the yard, stumble on something and fall down again.  

So that's my Wednesday.  I hope you're having a good day.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...