Saturday, November 4, 2017

I'm a Bit Behind

11/4/2017

Sorry for not posting yesterday.  I have no excuse, so forgive me.  The upstairs hall and our bedroom carpets were cleaned yesterday.  I have threatened (not really) the dogs with imminent death (also not really) if they do their "business" on my carpets upstairs.  My rationale is that they have a doggy door, so why don't they use it?  Beats me, but does boggle my mind.

Time change tonight and I've already set my watch and bedroom clock back.  Jeff has to go in to work tonight at 3:00 am (I think that's the right time) to set the computers' clocks.  Again, I probably have only got half of this right, so I apologize Jeff if I've mangled the facts.

It's a lovely day outside and the trees are really showing their fall colors now.  They are also dropping said fall collared leaves on the ground.  And, then the seemingly never ending chore of raking and scooping up of leaves begins.  As much as I love our oak tree, I'm not as enthused about her in the fall.  But, oh how beautiful she is in the spring when the little buds start to appear.

Today, is laundry day and may or may not (likely not) fold up the clothes as soon as they are dried.  I don't know why doing the laundry seems to be a chore, particularly since I only have about 2 loads a week, which is far less than when the boys were at home.

I have no plans for today - shocker.  Jeff will need to go to the stores this weekend, as my refrigerator is practically empty, and we have no milk.  We never run out of milk, mayo or toilet paper,  Think of it as the trifecta of the Bassett house.

I've been gathering up items on Amazon of things that I may want to buy as Christmas presents.  I don't fiddle around.  Christmas is on the 25th each and every year, and yet that holiday seems to catch people off guard.  I talked to Benjamin yesterday and he told me he was working on his list.  Just because you put "x" on your wish list, doesn't necessarily mean you're going to receive "x".  I know of at least one thing that I'm getting the boys as well as Stacey and Wendy.  And, to be fair, I've jotted a few things down.  Things I would like to have, and most of those things are functional and will help me like a self-threading sewing needle.  And, those of you who know me well, also know that I probably have no reason to use a needle and thread!  The outcome is generally a disaster.

All of my Halloween cooking shows are now over, but don't worry, now it's time for the Holiday cooking shows.  Yippee!  I watch these shows as well as some over the top reality shows, like "Don't be Tardy".  Why somebody would want to be under the microscope as they go about their daily living is beyond me.  Perhaps the money is good.

Well, I've rambled on long enough.  The clothes need to go into the dryer.   😊

Have a wonderful day and don't forget about the clocks!

P


Image result for picture of clock going back
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...