Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Pumpkin Bread and Bella!

11/21/2017

Yesterday, I labored to make two loaves of pumpkin bread.  I was leery of the bread because the top of the loaves looked like tiny hills, and the taste wasn't great, but edible - at least with butter on top!

We have for the last year, had baby gates all over the house to confine Bella.  Yesterday, for some reason I didn't put up one of the gates in the kitchen, and the two loaves were on the counter cooling.  When I did get back to the kitchen, I noticed that one loaf was completely gone and the remaining one had a large chunk missing from the side.  Curse you Bella.  I sincerely don't appreciate having the dogs eat the bread, that took so long to make.  I know there is a reason that you can buy a pumpkin bread mix, that is easy to fix - and it tastes better!

This morning, I looked out the kitchen window and see that they have single pawed up an umbrella.  Heaven know where the umbrella is and I guess it doesn't matter, because it's not useful now.  I need to go into the backyard and literally rake up all the crap that Bella has taken outside. And, yes crap is the right word. The problem is that the ground in the backyard has some uneven areas, and I have a fear of falling down.  Daisy is too small to take anything off the counter, so this nonsense is all Bella's doing.  Here saving grace is that she looks adorable when she's sleeping.  You can't correct a dog after the fact, so punishing her for the chewed up umbrella wouldn't make any sense to her.

Today, the fireplace people are coming to work on the gas log.  It's warm enough right now that we don't need it, but it would be fool hardy to wait until a cold snap comes through the area, and the fireplace doesn't work.




Tomorrow, is preparing the two dishes we're bringing to Andrew's house on Thursday.  Pretzel salad, which is super yummy and corn casserole, also yummy.  The corn dish takes a very long time to bake, so I'm going to fix it here and then can pieces of the dish can be "nuked".  Not idea, but it'll work.  Since we're going to Andrew's house, we'll be taking the girls with us and they'll have a very good time.

Have a great day, and I'll see you back here tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...