Friday, November 24, 2017

Black Friday!

11/24/2017

Ah, Black Friday, who doesn't love the "deals" on items today.  Large ticket items, such as televisions, furniture, cars, clothes, etc.  I don't participate in Black Friday, except for checking out deals that Amazon might have.  I have a chair in the living room with items I have already bought.  I have asked Stacey and Wendy to come to the house and do the wrapping for me.  The dreaded shirt boxes the boys always get, I just use tape to keep the lid on, and use a magic marker to write the names.  I know that sounds horrible, but men don't get all excited over fancy paper and bows.

We went to Andrew's house yesterday for dinner.  We took the girls with us so that they could play in the backyard, which is huge.  The dinner was excellent and the food delicious.  I had a very good time.  I didn't overeat, I took a spoon of this and a spoon of that - until we got to desserts!  A good way to end the meal is with homemade apple pie that Stacey makes and pumpkin pie.  I had both.😋 Rationale? Thanksgiving only comes once a year.

On Sunday, we are going to Scott's house and Wendy is going to make chili and we're going to help decorate their tree, which I'm sure is really BIG.  We can't take the girls with us, because Scott is concerned that his dogs, Mastiffs, might not get along with our smaller dogs.  

Today, has been, so far, a let's watch television and see if we fall asleep!  Jeff is really relaxed in his recliner, with Daisy on his lap.  He's watching NCIS, but likely get so relaxed, that he'll take a nap.  During the week, Jeff gets up so early and then fights traffic all the way home.  I do have a few things that I would like to see happen perhaps this weekend.  Of course, picking up leaves is on the list, as well as going into the backyard (ugh) and literally raking all the items that have been carried out of the house (thanks Bella) and throw them in a trash can.  I know for sure that there is a disassembled umbrella back there.  I don't even know where Bella found an umbrella!  If we're missing something, we know exactly what dog was the leader, because Daisy is too small to reach up on the counter and snag something.

It's a beautiful day here.  No wind and though a bit chilly, it's not cold.

Happy day after eating all your favorite foods.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...