Thursday, November 9, 2017

Making a List and Checking it Twice

11/9/2017

While it's early days by most people's standards, Christmas is just around the corner for me.  Friends and family will tell you that I don't mess around when it comes to finding and buying what I consider to be the right gift(s) for each person.  I pay attention when people start talking about some of their favorite things.  Because my memory is poor, I jot these things down and those lists are very helpful to me.

Each Christmas, 4A Computing, (Scott and Andrew's computer company) sends out a Christmas card along with a magnetic calendar for the new year.  The cards and magnets have already arrived.  Next mission will be to stuff and close up the envelopes and better yet, and after Jeff prints out mailing labels, head off to the post office.  Because of the magnets, extra postage is required.  So, after the clerk tells me how much postage I need for one card, I then multiple it by the number of cards I'm sending.  Cards in the mail shortly after Thanksgiving and during the week because post offices can become zoo-like on the weekends.  This year's card has a picture of a locomotive on the front, because Scott loves trains.  

Oh, where was I?  Oh, now I remember.  List making.  I have a pretty good idea of what to buy for the "boys" and the "girls".  Benjamin is working on his Christmas list, and he knows he won't be getting everything on the list, it gives me a starting point.  Apparently, Pokemon is out and Minecraft is in, whatever the heck Minecraft is.

I generally don't give gift suggestions out for myself.  But, this year, I've made an exception.  There are a number of small and inexpensive items I would like to have.  Clear thread for one thing, so that when I'm hemming something and the hem goes bobbly-bobbly, the stitches won't be so noticeable.  Oh, and a sewing needle that is easy to thread.  Helpful things.   And, because Jeff is super hard to buy for, I've been coming up with gift ideas for him as well.  I was a very good girl scout - always be prepared!

I was going to attempt to start picking up the leaves that the yard guys blew out in front of the mailbox, but since it's a bit rainy, and I have a fear of falling on wet leaves, will put this pain in the rear chore for another day.

The house was cleaned yesterday - oh how I love Wednesdays!  It's always so clean, that I actually feel guilty if I make a mess in the kitchen.  

Time for me to get out of the chair, get dressed and fold some laundry (blah).  Have a great Thursday and for most, if not all of you, enjoy the long weekend.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...