Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Getting Help

11/28/2017

Yesterday, I received a surprise visit from Stacey and Benjamin.  Not only did they stop and buy me lunch at McDonald's, they came prepared to help decorate.  Stacey was brave enough to climb up a ladder and bring down a wreath, ornaments, etc.  After we got everything inside the house, Stacey and Benjamin started putting the nutcrackers on the mantel and a wreath on the front door.  I haven't had that wreath out of it's bag, in so many years.  Just lazy I guess.

After decorating, I asked Stacey if she would mind going into the backyard and raking up all the "treasures", which included a box I had just bought of mini-sized ornaments!  I gave Benjamin some garden clippers and he enjoyed, very much, the cutting off the branches of a plant that is now dormant.  Because most yard work is now not feasible for me, big chance of tripping and falling, I was really grateful for the help.  And, while the yard won't win a best yard of the year award, it looks ever so much better.  I can't begin to thank Stacey and Benjamin for coming to the house to help me.  Pretty sure that Stacey has better things to do, than come to my house and help me, but I really appreciate it.

 I'm now just waiting for a few more packages to arrive from Amazon, and then my shopping will be done.  Jeff has printed off labels for the 4A Christmas cards, so once the labels are on, I can take the box to the post office and put the right amount of postage on 150 envelopes!

It's a beautiful day outside, and I hope that I can get outside to soak up some vitamin D.

Hope all is well in your world.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...